STUDENT DRIVER REGULATIONS
Driving to school and parking on the student lot is considered a privilege at Century High School. Students who drive must maintain academic eligibility (no F’s or incomplete’s on the last report card’s quarter grade) to receive and keep a parking permit. All obligations must be paid before a Parking Permit will be issued. Students who drive to school must have a current Century High Parking Permit attached to the inside of the windshield. The window cling parking permit should be placed on the driver’s side of the window so that it is visible from the outside of the car.
PLEASE BRING YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE AND CAR REGISTRATION TO THE MAIN OFFICE WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR PERMIT.
A COPY OF BOTH WILL BE KEPT ON FILE IN THE MAIN OFFICE.
Parking Permit Form
One permit will be issued throughout the school year. When the number of requests for parking permits exceeds the number of spaces, the administration reserves the right to restrict student drivers. Parking is a privilege for Juniors and Seniors Only.
Cost of Parking Permits
$20.00 for Semesters One and Two
$10.00 for Semester Two only
Parking Information and Rules
Students will lose parking privileges if found leaving school without authorization. Students will also lose their parking privileges if they transport other students off of school property during the school day.
- 1st Offense – 1 week w/o permit
- 2nd Offense – 1 month w/o permit
- 3rd Offense – Loss of parking privileges for the year.
- The parking permit must be placed on the inside of the windshield on the driver’s side of the window when the car is parked on the school property. The permit number must be visible from the outside of the vehicle.
- Student drivers will abide by all school regulations and policies, including a 15 mile per hour speed limit in the school zone. Student drivers will follow faculty directions when entering or exiting the parking lots.
- Student drivers will maintain academic eligibility. If a student becomes academically ineligible, their permit may be revoked until eligibility is restored.
- Punctuality and good attendance are necessary to maintain parking privileges. Habitual lateness and/or absences will be grounds for revocation of that privilege. Tardiness due to car trouble or traffic is not a lawful excuse.
- The student driver will drive carefully on school grounds at all times and will park his/her car immediately upon arrival (between 7:00 and 7:25) at school. Students will vacate their vehicles immediately upon parking. Loitering in vehicles is grounds for revocation of the parking privilege.
- The student driver will park only in the student parking lot (located on the side of the building closest to the gymnasium).
- Student drivers will not interrupt the flow of bus traffic. They will follow the school buses from the school at dismissal.
- The school assumes no responsibility for vehicles on Board of Education property, since each student is provided with the opportunity to ride a school bus.
- Please note that all vehicles are subject to search while on school property. Students are responsible for ensuring all contents in their vehicle adhere to CHS and CCPS school policies.
- The student driver will immediately notify the school of any change in vehicles. The permit must match the car for which it was issued and cannot be used on any other vehicle or by any other driver.
- Occasionally, student drivers may obtain (at no cost) a single day parking pass prior to driving to school. This pass must be displayed on the rear view mirror.
|No Permit||$10.00||Failure to Follow Direction of staff||$20.00|
|Unmarked Space||$10.00||Parking on Staff Lot||$20.00|
|Reckless Driving||$20.00||Handicapped Space||$20.00|
|Double Spaces||$5.00||Unauthorized Use of a Permit||$10.00|
|Permit Not Displayed||$5.00/day|